This page features links to various other human service resources on the Internet.
- Mon Valley Providers Council Members: Access to the full list of MVPC member agencies (with links to those with websites).
- United Way of Allegheny County: A fundraising umbrella for 62 member agencies and hundreds more through Contributor Choice, their website offers up-to-date information on human services throughout the region.
- United Way PA 2-1-1: PA 2-1-1 Southwest connects people with community, housing, health and disaster services through a free, 24/7, confidential phone service and searchable online database. Further questions can be directed to email@example.com.
- Greater Pittsburgh Nonprofit Partnership (GPNP): This coalition of nonprofit and corporate organizations seeks to have a unified voice in advocacy and training. Their website contains links to member agencies as well as advocacy information.
- The Forbes Fund: The Forbes Fund is a supporting organization of The Pittsburgh Foundation and seeks to enable providers to best serve those in need by giving support, resources and knowledge. Their website contains many tools for nonprofit organization management.
- Pennsylvania Association of Nonprofit Organizations: PANO is a statewide membership organization for the nonprofit sector.
- Community Action Agency of Pennsylvania: CAAP is a statewide association representing and assisting 43 Community Action agencies.
- National Council of Nonprofits: National Council of Nonprofits works to advance the vital role, capacity, and voice of charitable nonprofit organizations through their state and national networks.
- Independent Sector: Independent Sector is a leadership network of over 600 nonprofit, foundation, and corporate giving organizations and programs.
- Families USA – the Voice for Health Care Consumers: Families USA advocates for better health care coverage across the country.
- Childrens Defense Fund: The CDF advocates for improved services for children across the country.
- TechSoup.org – The Technology Place for Non-Profits: A great resource for technology assistance and ideas for nonprofit agencies.
- The Nonprofit Technology Network: Self-described as a site full of resources for the people who provide technology-related services to the nonprofit sector.”
- The Chronicle of Philanthropy: Self-described as “the newspaper of the nonprofit world,” mainly focusing on philanthropy and fundraising.
- Philanthropy News Digest: Covers a broad range of nonprofit topics including employment, tax laws, philanthropy, innovations, technology, and many more.
Government and Legislative Links
- League of Women Voters: The League of Women Voters of Greater Pittsburgh, a nonpartisan political organization, encourages the informed and active participation of citizens in government, works to increase understanding of major public policy issues, and influences public policy through education and advocacy.
- Allegheny County Government
- Pennsylvania State Senate
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- U.S. Senate Site
- U.S. House of Representatives Site
- Charity Channel: Offers a variety of nonprofit resources.
- The NonProfit Times: A leading business publication for nonprofit management.
- The Philanthropy Journal: Contains articles on topics ranging from fundraising to technology and innovations.
- VolunteerMatch.Org: An excellent resource for finding volunteers and posting volunteer opportunities.